Saturday morning, bright and early...Atina and I ran in the Duck and Run 5K race. It was good weather for the race, not
scorching hot like the Cotton Row. We had a goal to do our personal bests and we did. Atina finished in 30:40 and I finished in 30:56. She got 2nd in her age group and I got 3rd in mine. I know to some of you
avid runners or those of you who ran track in high school, that a 30 minute 5K may not meet your expectations....but it meets ours! We were so happy to have finished and to have had our best times!
Before the race...

Finishing up...

Chad decided to surprise me by buying the Envoy and having it up at the race when I got finished. He had the camera ready for my reaction when I saw it. Atina and I just grabbed each other. I was so thrilled! We had planned on buying it from Mimi when she got her new Tahoe, but I didn't know when that would be. Thank you, Chad for surprising me...especially after that race had just kicked my rear!
3 comments:
WOW! Good for you both! I am excited about thr car too...what a sweet husband!!
How awesome!! I'm proud of you guys for your race and for your car! You deserve it!
Good job on the race, and enjoy that new car! Maybe I'll be with you next time. (The race, not the car, LOL!)
Post a Comment