Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Happy Thanksgiving!
I just wanted to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow and enjoys their blessings! I am so thankful for my family. For my husband, who is such a wonderful, genuine, loving, caring, funny, and handsome man... and my best friend. For my beautiful and sweet children who are such bright spots in my life. For my Mama...who I talk to at least once a day (usually) and share everything with. For my Daddy, who I love having our "spiritual" talks with and just any ole talk too (Oh and Daddy, It's almost time for us to go pick out the family Christmas tree)! For my sister Julie, and my brother Wesley, and their families. I love that we are close and like to spend time together. For my in-laws...they are wonderful! So helpful and loving. I am also thankful for my extended family and of course, my friends. But what I am most thankful for this year is my relationship with my God. I feel as if we have grown closer together this year. No catastrophies happened to make it so, it just happened. I love how God is showing Himself to me these days. Maybe He has always done it this way, and I just haven't noticed. But I find that if you pray for Him to open doors for you, to guide you, to show you something... I believe He will. I feel as if that has happened for me this year. I have been eagerly waiting with my eyes and ears open and listening for Him. He's there. He's here. My relationship with Him is very far from perfect. But I just feel as if I know Him a little better. And isn't that what the goal of this life is? To know Him better? My God has blessed me with many material things and wonderful relationships...but the most wonderful blessing he has given me this year is an open heart to draw me closer to Him. I thank God for my many blessings! Happy Thanksgiving!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment