Sometimes it is so hard to believe that Cana started out so tiny! I loved her from the moment I knew I was carrying her. She is such a smart, sweet, loving child who has blessed my life in so many ways. I remember when I first held her I knew life would never be the same. So much love for someone so tiny! Our biggest prayer for Cana is that she comes to know God personally and that she will serve Him all the days of her life. I hold Cana every night and sing her a little lullaby I made up...I always say "Cana, you are getting so big!" She always responds with "But you'll still be able to hold me when I get as big as you." And I always say yes. If she still wants me to hold her...I will find a way to hold her. In her Mama's eyes...she will always be my little girl! Happy 4th Birthday, my little one! I love you, Cana!!
In the hospital, shortly after having her...

Bathtime...holding Chad's finger. SHE wouldn't let go then...but I figure HE'LL have a hard time letting go later!!

In the hospital, already suited up in Auburn gear!

The day we brought her home from the hospital in a premie Christmas outfit.

A little older...
4 comments:
Hope you have a very special day with Cana on her birthday! I love your blog and it is very inspiring to me. Maybe we can get together after the new year & start a Bible study. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season with your family & friends! Love ya.
Happy Birthday Cana!
Happy Birthday, Cana! You ARE getting so big, and you're a sweet girl.
Lori,
That is such a precious post. I'm sitting here looking at Ellie, wonderin what her 4th birthday will be like...
Have you read the book "I"ll Love You Forever?" It's great. It talks about a mama who rocks her "baby" their whole life through...then at the end the "baby" rocks the mama. It is so sweet.
Post a Comment