Monday, July 18, 2011

VBS 2011

This year, we decided to do a one- day VBS.  We had it this past Saturday and it was GREAT!  The kids seemed to really enjoy it!  We had a Bible Boot Camp and the kids rotated around in stations by age.  My lesson was on the Armor of God. 
Billy was our Drill Sgt.

Jonathan was our Song Sgt.

The classes...





Crafts...

Marching to "I don't know, but I've been told..." chants

Nick as Bible Bill...with his New Testaments in his holsters! 

This is something I grew up having at church during VBS week-Bible Bill.  I always loved it and it was one of the most exciting things I remember about VBS.  Bible Bill interrupts and challenges a child to a duel to find a Scripture first.  All during the week, Bible Bill wins because he is the best.  But at the end of the week, Bible Bill is defeated by a child.  Of course, we had to do a shorter version since we just had one day.  The kids loved it and I already heard the kids talking about how they were going to practice finding verses so they can beat Bible Bill next time.  Nick did a great job and played it up really well! 



Bible Bill challenges Thomas

Snack Time...

At the end of VBS...Bible Bill challenges Macy....

Macy searching...

Macy reading the correct Scripture...

The death of Bible Bill























Afterwards we went to the Kiddie Carnival and ate and played.  We definitely think the one-day VBS was the way to go!  It was a big success!

No comments: