Monday, May 26, 2008

Cotton Row Run

Today was the Cotton Row Run. We ran the 5K at 9:00 a.m. It was SO hot, but we all did really well and I am so proud of us! As we were standing there waiting for the race to start they had a military salute and I was thinking...What would better way to spend Memorial Day than to be here with my friends running a race together? There were several veterans there running the race and I was proud to be standing in the midst of them. The race is always so encouraging. People stand on the sidewalks cheering you on...and they give you extra strength to finish the race. So, congrats girls! I am so proud we finished strong!



2 comments:

Rebekah D. said...

That's so great you all run together. It makes me miss running so much. Maybe next Memorial Day I'll be out there running, too!

Radiant Rubies Thirty One Team! said...

Wow...wish I could run. ha ha I need to. Well maybe next year I can do it with ya'll.