
When I Lay My Isaac Down by Carol Kent
I just got finished reading this book last night and it is GREAT! My Mom and Dad had both read it and recommended it to me. I absolutely loved it! The author is a Christian speaker who is awakened by a phone call that her good, Christian, son has committed murder. She goes into detail of how she has to "lay down her Issac" and give him to God for Him to do what is best to reveal His glory through the life of her son. Since many may not be able to relate to a son that has committed murder, she also names other "Isaac's" such as, depression, terminal illness, infertility, death, loss of a job, financial problems, disobedient children, children who make bad decisions, drugs/alcohol, desire to marry, and others. We must lay down the "Isaacs" in our lives so that God can handle them and make something beautiful out of them. Carol Kent tells of the good days when she has unshakable faith. She also honestly tells of the bad days where her faith is weak. It is just a great book and it encouraged me in my journey while reading it!
1 comment:
sounds wonderful...I love reading Christian books. Thanks for the suggestion. :)
Post a Comment