Monday, February 8, 2010

Weekend Update

The weekend began with a rough start. Cana had her 5 -year- old check-up Friday and had to get 4 shots. However, my children L-O-V-E this man....
Dr. Marques is such a good doctor! He just loves and loves on my kids and I am sure everyone else's. He hugs, sings, dances...whatever is called for to make their visit with him fun! I was one of those kids who cried whenever we even turned on the road to go to the doctor. Whenever I tell Cana and Colton we are going to the doctor they get so happy and are actually excited to go! Chad took off half a day to go with me and he swapped with me when it was time to give shots and I took Colton to the car and he stayed with Cana. If you haven't noticed Cana is very, um, stout and can hold her own when it comes to someone trying to hold her down. Well, thankfully we have a wonderful nurse there too...Nurse Linda...who babies them and told Cana that they were going to have a talk. She explained what was happening and told her it was okay to cry. And that was a good thing because from what I hear, she cried and screamed and Chad had to be the "bad" guy. So I am thankful for that. Nurse Linda came out to the car where I was and said she did fine...(while Chad was shaking his head) and had 4 ice packs. One for each of Cana's legs and two for Colton also...so he wouldn't feel left out! I was worried that this experience might turn Cana off from going to the doctor, but she hasn't said anything about it. I think Nurse Linda made up for it by giving her the ice packs!

Then it was off to Hartselle for my parent's joint birthday celebration. We laughed so hard that night! It was so good to be together again. It had been a while since we were all able to get together and we had such a good time!

Friday night the kids spent the night with Mimi and Grandaa and Chad and I got to sleep until 11:30! Then we ran 6 miles and got ready and ate supper for our date night at Carrabbas.
Today we woke up to a surprise snow! This is the biggest snow I have seen since living in Athens.



Colton always likes for me to make snow cream!
These are videos from the birthday parties at Mom and Dad's house. Wesley found some oldie goldie cd's from when he was in high school and started playing them. The kids loved dancing to them! As you will see in the video all the other kids are spastically dancing around and going crazy. Colton has a more controlled approach to dancing. He would just stand there and tap his foot. It was so funny! I haven't laughed that hard in a long while! I couldn't decide which video to put on here so I just posted them all.

1 comment:

Gretta said...

Oh we love Dr. Marques! He was my pediatrician when I was a kid too and I went to school with Nurse Linda's daughter so that office feels like family! And Sidney has that same outfit that Cana is wearing (the pink one)...I love it! Glad you guys to enjoy the snow too...we're jealous! :)