Saturday, October 16, 2010

5K Ribbon Run

Today was the Liz Hurley Ribbon Run 5K.  I had debated on whether to do it or not and about 2 weeks ago I finally committed.  I decided to run with one of the teams (MAFIA-Mothers Against Fat in Action) with a few girls I know. 
Here is the BEFORE picture....

Right after the start...I noticed a problem...I hadn't worn these pants in a while running so when we started, my pants started dropping.  So throughout the race I had to keep giving them a tug to pull them up!


Still going...


Heading towards the finish...I was worn out!  I was not prepared for the 3 horrible hills on the course!


Me finishing...This is my best time!  I know for some this would be considered a horrible time, but it was GREAT for me!

The kids and me after the race...


Me and my hubby afterwards...

Group picture AFTER...

This was a very touching part of the morning.  Liz Hurley along with other survivors of cancer went on a Survivor Walk.  They walked through crowds of people with everyone cheering for them for beating this battle with cancer.


This picture got mixed up...it was the before picture of me with the kids...
Chad recorded this video to show how many people were running.  I was about on the 2nd row on the side at the start line so I wouldn't have to run through all of the people before even getting to the START line.  He said he started recording after I had passed by and recorded for about 3 minutes.  I spared the whole video, but have a snippet to show how many people were there for a good cause!

1 comment:

Gretta said...

CONGRATS LORI ~ and what a great cause you went out and supported. I'm proud of you!