Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Date Night!

Saturday night, Chad planned a surprise date for us.  He did a great job!  The kids were with Mimi and Grandaa and were spending the night.  So, he took me to Bridge Street and  made reservations to go on a gondola ride.  It was so peaceful and pretty with all of the lights.  The weather was perfect for it!  Here is a picture that our gondola driver took of us... 

 
Now here is the funny part.  At Bridge Street they have these little bicycle taxis to take you around the center.  Chad had tricked me at the beginning saying that the surprise was to get in one of these bicycle taxis and ride.  I was like...No way!  Not getting in that!  He told me he was just kidding and we proceeded to the gondola place.  Well, the people there had a little incident with a boat and it kind of pushed our time back a little.  The owner felt bad because he knew we had 8:00 reservations.  So he called the restaurant and asked them to hold our reservations and then took it one step further....You see, the owner of the gondola place also owns these wonderful bicycle taxis...so he ordered one of those to pick us up and take us to the restaurant.  I was slightly embarrassed and Chad claims I was "looking around in my purse" the entire time so no one would see me!  So this was our view...Poor man!

What made matters worse is every time we approached people he would Ding! Ding! on his little bell to get them to move out of the way!  I just knew people were thinking...how lazy are you that you can't get out and walk like everyone else and this poor man is having to pull your lazy rears across the shopping center!  Oh well, we did get there on time though and I know we wouldn't have made it walking in my heels...so I should be grateful!
Here I am in my "carriage"...

Like I said, Chad made reservations for dinner at The Melting Pot.  We had never been and it was a nice experience.  Way too expensive, but still a nice experience and it was something different to do.  My favorite was the chocolate of course!  I think Chad liked the cheese...


Our waiter took this picture of us...
Then it was off to a late movie at the Monaco.  We saw Life As We Know It and it was really cute!  Thank you, Chaddy,  for making it so special!

No comments: