Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Philippians



At the approach of the new year, Chad and I were looking for something to accomplish as a couple. Then, I saw on my friend, Joy's, blog that her husband and she would be memorizing the book of Philippians.  I have always loved the book of Philippians, and so I was immediately drawn to it.  I printed out the memorizing timeline/plan and the goal was to finish the book of Philippians on Easter.  I asked Chad if he would like to do this and he was all for it.  So we began the new year with our first few verses.  After about 4-5 verses behind us we looked at each other wondering if we would ever get through the first chapter, much less the whole book.  But I am glad to say that on Easter we both were able to quote the whole book of Philippians to each other.  It was really good for us to challenge each other in this way.  It was good for me to focus on the words and I began to see this letter to the Philippians in a new light.  So, I recommend this to anyone.  It seems difficult at first, but as you add scripture it begins to flow and you will begin to enjoy it!  Now...what to do next??

1 comment:

Corri Beth said...

This is a great idea! I may have to talk to Jeremy about trying this. :) Congratulations on making it!