Friday, November 23, 2012

Chattanooga Trip

Over the long Veteran's Day weekend, we took a family trip to Chattanooga.  We had a great time!  On the Friday before, Cana and Colton were in a musical at school.  I was able to get a sub for half a day and be there.  I am glad I was able to....they did a great job!

 Saturday morning, we left out.  We stopped first at Russell Cave.  It was neat because I was just teaching my 4th graders about Russell Cave and the Woodland Indians.




 We stayed at the Chattanooga Choo Choo...



 We went to the Aquarium also...but my phone died and I left my other camera in the car so very little pictures were taken there.  The best breakfast we have EVER had was at Areatha Frankensteins!  It was SO good!  The pancakes were 1 inch thick! 
 It was Veteran's Day when we were on our way home...so we stopped by the Chattanooga National Cemetery to show the kids just a glimpse of how many people have sacrificed their lives for our freedom.

No comments: