Friday, May 15, 2009

A Busy Week

Whew! This has been a busy week. Getting ready for Colton's family birthday party and other birthday stuff (pictures to come) has made this week a little more hectic. On Monday, we were leaving the house and found a turtle in the flower bed. The kids wouldn't get too close for the picture. When we got back it was long gone...so there is no telling where he is by now.
Later, I was doing the laundry. I walked into our bedroom and found Cana and Colton with stacked pillows on my pile of dirty clothes, covered up and Cana reading a book to Colton.
One night, I walked into Cana and Colton's room and found them like this...holding hands with a softball in between them. I know Chad loves the fact that they chose to sleep with a ball instead of a stuffed animal. Cana's new thing for bedtime is to sleep with a headband in...I guess she wants to always look presentable! Oh and they do have a trundle bed...they just choose to sleep together. We will break them of it one day...just not yet...they enjoy it too much, and to tell you the truth...I enjoy it too much! It is so sweet to see them cuddled up together!

On Friday, we went to the Farmer's Market for Happy Days. The donations benefited the new library in Athens. The Pig was there and Cana and Colton were actually not afraid of it. This gives me hope for our trip to Disney World in September. Maybe before then I can introduce them to more dressed-up individuals and they won't be so afraid. They used to hide behind me when they saw any kind of character...so maybe we are making some improvements if they can meet the Pig!
Last night, I had run outside and was exhausted, so I came in and put the kids in the tub. I went to sit in the floor and fold some laundry. Chad came in from running and I heard him start laughing. He told me to come in the bathroom and to not "get mad." When I walked in...this is what I saw.
They don't normally have a bubble bath...so when I asked how this happened, they had NOTHING to say. No one was going to tattle-tale...so I picked up the shampoo bottle and shook it and it was ALL gone...and this was a new bottle! I was a little frustrated that they used the whole bottle, but after a family bubble fight I got over it. It was actually pretty funny!

1 comment:

Joy said...

This may be my favorite post of yours ever....

Seeing those two reading together and then sound asleep holding hands that way brought tears to my eyes. That is the sweetest thing I've ever seen. You are blessed indeed.

And for the record...I'm still terrified of huge characters that walk around at amusement parks....I hope they get adjusted before Disnet!! =)