Friday, May 22, 2009

Thursday Fun

Yesterday, I took the kids to see Nana. We went to Delano park to have a picnic. This park is where my parents used to take us to when we were little and have picnics. I still remember the twisty slide and other playground equipment there. They have now put in a new playground that is super nice. The kids enjoyed it so much. The Splash Pad opens Saturday, so we will have to have another picnic in the near future. I wish Athens would get a Splash Pad...maybe some of you could hit up a certain Recreation Supervisor and put in your requests also :)....Just kidding....he already gets PLENTY of requests for things to add in Athens! Here are some pictures from the park...






Then we went back to Mama's house. While Mom was playing ball with Colton, Cana found a spool of yarn. She proceeded to wrap the WHOLE front yard with the WHOLE spool of yarn. Now, if any one of us would have done this...yes, Julie and Wesley, even me the baby.... we would have been in serious trouble! But one of the grandkids can do it, and it is cute! I had told her to stop and Mama had told her she could...so I took pictures. She said it was for Poppie's birthday...which is in February. So when Poppie pulled in from work, boy was he in for a surprise! But he just laughed....the whole "granchildren can get away with anything" just amazes me sometimes. These pictures don't really do it justice...but the yarn was EVERYWHERE!
Mom playing ball with Colt...amidst the yarn
View from the front porch
After Poppie got home he took them on a wagon ride to "Blake's work". Now, "Blake's Work" is actually a veteran's memorial close to the park. My nephew, Blake, when he was little would ride by and claim that this was his work. So now, everyone refers to the memorial as "Blake's work." They played underneath the pavilion while I delivered chocolate oatmeal cookies to my brother for an early birthday present. It was such a fun day, but I was exhausted when we finally got home!








2 comments:

momx2 said...

Great pictures. That is so funny about the yarn. And also true about the whole grandkids thing. The things my MOM wouldn't let us do.....
All cute & funny when the grandbabies do it.

The Barnett Family said...

That is so true about grandchildren...they can get away with anything. The yarn looks like a huge spider web.....very creative !