
This is an excellent book that I think everyone should read. This book is about falling in "crazy love" with God. If everyone would read this book and practice at least
part of it...we would begin to love God and each other more like the way He intended us to. I really enjoyed the book...but if you read it...you may actually realize that you are more luke-warm than you thought. He also says in here to not assume that you are the "good soil." Let me ask you a question: If you could have all the "perks" of heaven...no tears, no pain, all the food you liked, all the leisure activities you enjoyed, all of your friends, natural beauties, no human conflict...etc...could you be satisfied with heaven, if Christ was not there? Are you really
in love with God? Would you basically be living the same life you are living now if you weren't a Christian? Just some thoughts that he discusses in the book. But let me warn you as my friend,
Joy, warned her readers in her blog:
No excuses.
You need to read this one.
But I'll warn you, you might regret it.
It might make you uncomfortable.
It might convict you of sin in your life.
It might just encourage you to actually follow Christ the way scripture really calls us to.
Thanks, Joy for recommending this one!
4 comments:
I know. Seriously. I cried when I finished it because I was so convicted. You know, I thought, "I'm at a crossroads. I can either continue on as I have been living my life, or I can be totally sold-out, 200% devoted to following Christ the way HE describes a follower....not the way American Christians describe a follower." I thought I was living a "pretty good Christian life," but really I'm a poster child for lukewarm-ity, lukewarm-ness, lukewarm- well, you get the drift.
As I sat pondering the book and my crossroads and mourning the fact that I don't get to wallow in my selfishness and live in my comfortable lifestyle anymore, I tried to justify my life. I just so happened to look over at my Bible, which was laid open to II Corinthians 10, where I had looked up a verse for a friend earlier. Also on the page were chapters 7, 8, and 9. I started reading, and lo and behold, those THREE chapters backed up everything I was struggling against living out, as if the Lord was confirming I needed to make a change. Ugh. I have some serious growing up and straightening out to do. Thank the Lord He is patient. I'm so glad you liked the book, too. It has sparked so much wonderful conversation amongst our friends. I hope to see God do some big things in the future.
Ok, so I have more comments...teehee. That quote from the book about would you still want Heaven if CHrist wasn't there? That was so convicting. Has Chad read it? What were his thoughts?
I'll give a big AMEN to this being a must read!! Finished it last night- it was truly one of the best books I've ever read!
I agree with Becky!!! I'm just on chapter four (since she has let me have it now) and it is GREAT! Should be required reading, if you know what I mean!!!
Post a Comment