Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Date Night and Other Things

Saturday night, we had date night.  Chad took Cana out on a Daddy/Daughter date.  They went out to eat at Rosie's and went to a movie.  They also did a little shopping.  There's a book called Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters that talks about how girls take cues from their Dads on a variety of subjects.  I have not read this book.  My Dad has read it and has shared a lot of the stories in the book with me.  The stories from the book just seem to make sense!  So, Chad and I decided we would start date night.  The theory is that the Daddy shows the little girl how a lady should be treated.  Over the years, she becomes accustomed to this way and when she begins dating she will look for someone who treats her in the same manner her Daddy does.  When they got back they were both talking about what a good time they had!  Chad said she never stopped talking!

Colton took me out to Ruby Tuesdays. He didn't talk like Cana...I had to pull stuff out of him.  But he did open my doors for me and paid the bill.

Sunday night we went to Julie's house to eat.  Hudson broke out his guinea pigs and the kids had a big time playing with them.  It was kind of hard for me to be around them because Chad and I had just watched an episode of Hoarders where a man had around 5,000 rats in his house.  I mean, they covered the floor!  Gross!  Hudson takes really good care of Pam and Chloe!


Yesterday, Chad and Colton went out on some errands and Cana and I were at the house.  She wanted to have a make-up party...so we did.  I have never seen anyone with such long eyelashes! Here she is after...

To end the night, I went to check on the kids before I went to bed and they were holding hands...I just love how close they are!  I hope it continues!

No comments: