Tuesday, January 11, 2011

January Snow and National Champions!!!

WOW!  Sunday night we were hit with a lot of snow!  We all stayed up just watching it fall.  We put a small ruler out in the yard when we had about 3 inches and in the morning it was completely covered.  We had about 8 inches total.  So first thing after breakfast, I made snow cream for Colt and a snow cone for Cana.  Then we hit the sleds.  Chad pulled the kids on a sled with the 4-wheeler and they loved it...they even liked falling off sometimes.  Here Cana is posing by the 4 wheeler...she kept patting it and saying "This baby right here..." and would finish the line with "facts" about the gas mileage, etc.  I don't know where she got that from...but it was cracking me up.

I took this picture to kind of show how deep it was...

Colton Sledding


Cana and Colton on the sled

Then, I had to have a turn...it was a lot of fun!

and we were slung off!

Mommy and Cana's turn...

Then the kids went inside to warm up and Chad wanted me to pull him...



Mimi and Grandaa came over and we all built an Auburn snowman....



and we made snow angels...

More sledding...





And what better way to end a great day then to watch Auburn win the National Championship against Oregon (22-19)!!!  WAR EAGLE!!!!!!

1 comment:

Gretta said...

Looks like you guys had "snow" much fun! I went sledding for the first time in my life last night as well. Lots of fun. And WAR EAGLE...even though I bleed Crimson. Your team did amazing and represented the state well. :)