Saturday, January 8, 2011

WILLpower


My heart has been heavy the past few days thinking of Will and Emily Haney.  Will was diagnosed with cancer a couple of years ago and he lost the battle with cancer this morning.  However, he did not lose the big battle over death, for the Savior has taken him home.  "But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope.  For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus." -I Thessalonians 4:13-14
For some reason when I heard the news I immediately thought of a song by the Gaithers.  It is called "It is Finished" and this is the chorus:
"It is finished!
The battle is over.
It is finished!
There'll be no more war.
It is finished-
the end of the conflict.
It is finished-
And Jesus is Lord!"

So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: 'Death is swallowed up in victory. O Death, where is your sting?  O Hades, where is your victory.'  But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. -I Corinthians 15:54-55,57

I also thought of a song called "Save Me a Seat at the Table" when I thought of Will and Emily.  The lead singer on this song is someone I knew from Decatur and in the video when he sang this song he had just buried his father that morning.  It is just a sweet, sweet song...so I thought I'd share:


1 comment:

Gretta said...

Praying for Emily & all their families. He is finally Home, perfect, complete and not suffering. I love that song Jeremy sings and could not believe he sang it hours after we all left his father's funeral. It is an awesome song and so true.