Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas 2012

We had a great Christmas this year!  First, we went to Grandma Ozell's house on Saturday night.  The kids always have such a good time playing with Cole and Ben.
 
 The Dads had to play the kids in a hall basketball game...
 Then, on Christmas Eve morning, we went to Mom and Dad's house for the Lovett Christmas.


 Mom and Dad gave us another Christmas Vacation ornament-Moose cups!
 Then, of course, we had to watch Christmas Vacation.  We quizzed each other and are still finding out new things about this classic!
 Family picture time!  I really love getting together with my family.  No one knows you and loves you like your family.  We just "get" each other and accept each other...and I just love being around these people!
 No matter how goofy we are...
 This picture was taken at Grandma Ozell's...just out of order.  The kids absolutely LOVE when Amy comes home.  They miss her when she isn't here.
 Preston and Colton with their new toys...
 Christmas Eve night is always spent at my Papaw Fischer's.  Can I just tell you how much I love and admire this man?  He loves unconditionally.  He is respected by all who know him.  He is still working and in his 80's.  He loved my Mamaw dearly.  I love him for who he is and the example he has been for me.  Here he is with my mom.  Every year, at Christmas, my mom wears my Aunt Diana's shirt that she would wear every Christmas before she died.  We miss seeing her and hearing her and my mama laugh together.  I guess that is the only sad thing about Christmas for me.  When I walk into my Papaw's house, there are reminders of those who are not there.  My mamaw-with her red dress, heels, and red lipstick.  She would always get dressed up for Christmas.  She would be loving on all of the babies.  She would always kiss me on the cheek when we hugged.  Sometimes the memories are so fresh that she doesn't seem so far away.  My aunt Diana-we would always kid her about being late to the get togethers.  She always made the dressing at Thanksgiving. She smiled a lot and was funny.  She and Mama would get tickled and have everyone laughing.  I will see them again. They will be waiting to greet me one day...and I will see their smiles again.

 We also went to visit my Papaw and Mamaw Lovett.  Papaw is still not able to walk well and get out of the house so we just went by there before Papaw Fischer's. 
Then we woke up Christmas morning to presents and smiles...
 Again, out of order....but this is an ornament that my cousin Amy made for Papaw Fischer's tree.  Each family member has a picture ornament and she glued angel wings on the back.  Most of the pictures were taken about 5 years ago....but Mamaw's ornament picture was from when Jacob was little.  It is one of those reminders that I was talking about....
 Back to Christmas morning.  I am not including all of the pictures because they get kind of boring after a while.

 For Christmas Day lunch, we went to Mimi and Grandaa's.  The kids had so much fun spending time with Amy and opening presents...
 They finally each got an iTouch....

Then we went to the Robinson get together.  It was good to see those we normally don't get to see.  Another great Christmas goes down in the books!

No comments: