Saturday, March 1, 2008

A Little Known Fact...

It may surprise some of you to know that I LOVE the rodeo! I know...some of you can't imagine me at a rodeo, but I have always enjoyed them. Chad and I had not been in a couple of years since the kids were so little. We decided we would take our family this year. We had a great time! Colton loves horses and was in awe of all of it! We bought both of the kids cowboy hats (yes, we splurged)! Colton kept tipping his hat and saying "Ye Haw"! He also galloped around and loved saying "Cowboy". Cana kept giggling and hugging me, she was so excited. They both laughed and clapped so hard. It was so good to see them having so much fun! Cana liked the clowns...until we got closer to them...then...not so much. In the car on the way home, out of the blue she said, "I don't like Boogerhead" ( which was the younger clown's name). Cana's favorite part was the bullriding...which is mine too. This year is the first year they have allowed women bullriders. They did really well. Now, I love rodeos...and I might even get on a mechanical bull for fun...but after last night I know I wouldn't ever attempt to ride a real one. Well, maybe if it was really old and on its last leg. Anyway, we had an exciting night and the whole family enjoyed it. We definitely plan on going next year. Below are some pictures from the rodeo: Cana and Colton before the rodeo started
Cana and Me
Cana's new cowgirl hat
Chad, Cana and Colton after the rodeo...Cana's already got the country girl look (midriff showing and everything)
Future Cowboy? (Colton, not Chad) :)

5 comments:

Rebekah D. said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I love the hats.

The Woodalls said...

I completely forgot it was time for the rodeo! Wish we would have taken the kids! (You know, I have never been to one myself, but I think I would really like it.) :)
Sounds like ya'll had a blast!

Emily

momx2 said...

They are adorable!

jbullington said...

Looks like ya'll had a great time. I love the cowbow hats but I think I like the pink one best. Let us know if you decide to ride...I want to be there.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had been there to see the babies' faces!!! I know they loved it! They are so precious. Remember....enjoy these days, each moment, they fly away quickly. I love you all! Momma