
Chad and I have been dating for 9 years today. I know to some of you that just seems like a really short time, but we can't believe it. This could have been our 10th anniversary if he would have listened to me! :) We first met in June of 1979 in a hospital nursery. He was born the day before me and so we were in the nursery together. Too bad, he didn't really remember me when we met 19 years later. We met at Calhoun in a psychology class. It was the first day and we had to introduce ourselves. He stood up and said his name and that he went to Bible School. Well, I had never heard of that school, but I thought anybody that would go to a school with "Bible" in it had to be a good person. So, immediately, I was struck. I went home and called my mom and told her "I have met the man I am going to marry". So after class the next time, I gave him my signature line after class..."I noticed you didn't take many notes." Good one, huh? That got us talking immediately. After a few of our conversations I found out that he was "taken". I was broken-hearted. How am I supposed to marry this guy if he has a girlfriend? Well, we became really good friends and would talk after class for long periods of time. We found out we had a lot in common...like the hospital and birthmarks in our hair and all the things we were looking for in a spouse. It soon came time for summer and I knew I could not let him get away without telling him how I felt. So the last day we saw each other before school let out, we were driving around and he was about to leave. Before he got out of the car, I handed him a letter that told how I felt about him and a "Hope Floats" CD. The song "To Make You Feel My Love" (the one playing on My Playlist) was on there and I told him to listen to it...that's how I felt about him. I also told him that from the moment I met him I knew I was going to marry him...he now calls me "psycho" for that! :) But he DID marry me!!! A year later...yes...a YEAR later...(I CAN be patient) he was no longer "taken" and asked me out. We had kept in touch through e-mail a little during this time. His way of asking me out was about the same as my first line that I used on him. He said, "I'm gonna go to a singing...you can come if you want to." How romantic!!! That was the beginning of this life we have together. A year after that he proposed one night at the beach by writing in huge letters in the sand "Will you marry me?" He had armed me with a flashlight so I could see what it said. He was waiting at the end of that sentence...with a ring. So he made up for the way he asked me out. We got married December 15th, 2001. I absolutely love our story! I had waited so long for the "right" guy...and I like the fact that it didn't look like it was going to happen...but I believe God brought us together...and I am so happy he did!
8 comments:
Congratulations on your anniversary! I've heard your story before, but I still enjoyed reading it!! You guys are a great couple! Love ya! Becky
What a handsome looking couple!! I love that picture! I am so glad God directs our every step! It is so easy to try and run ahead of Him; what a mess we can make of things when we do this. May God bless you and Chad with many, many, many, (did I say many?) happy years together! Momma
What a great story! Goes to show that God's timing isn't always the same as ours, but it's always just right. Congrats on your date-iversary. We're so glad to have y'all as friends!
Awwww..that is such a sweet story! I snagged Billy just by making him a little jealous! ;)
You have made sure that you two weren't twins secretly separated at birth, right?!! LOL
Emily
"We met at Calhoun in a psychology class."
You wouldn't be referring to Dr. el Amin's General Psych class at the 'Houn, would you? I took it my first semester as a freshman and it was a nonstop laugh riot. Didn't meet any hot girls, though. . .
Awh, how sweet. You guys are the cutest couple!!!
Happy Anniversary!
It is a great story, I only know the two of you as one and as you say God certianly has his hand at work in you. May he continue to bless as you serve him with greater passion, energy and wisdom every day. I and many others at Marion street are better christians because of your influence.
Tim...
"I also told him that from the moment I met him I knew I was going to marry him...he now calls me "psycho" for that! :)"
Psycho is a strong word...stalker...now that's sounds more appropriate.
Post a Comment