Tuesday, April 1, 2008

"Paci Gone-Gone"

Please congratulate us for going 24 hours without a paci for Colton!! He was playing around yesterday and wasn't showing interest in his paci at that particular time...so I impulsively clipped it. This technique worked for Cana. I would clip a little at a time over the length of a week and it eventually got to the point that she could barely hold it in her mouth with her teeth. Colton did well until nap time. He cried and said "Pa" over and over. Then he wanted to play and didn't want to lay down. I finally got him to sleep. Then he did well at the ballgame with Chad while I was running with Atina (SHOUT OUT for Atina....we ran 5.2 miles!!! YEA!!) When it was time for bed he did really well. He kept calling for his paci, and I would hear Cana saying "Sh, Sh, Sh" and patting him. He went to sleep...upside down in the middle of the bed. He woke up this morning and so far hasn't even asked for it!
I also have to tell what Cana said last night. She picks up on songs and the tunes of songs very quickly and all of a sudden she started singing "I Stand in Awe". I didn't think she knew this song but she sang it pretty well...however, her lyrics were..."I stand, I stand, I'm following you!" And she is so serious when singing it. I just thought it was cute...Of course, those lyrics are fitting also!

5 comments:

The Woodalls said...

Henry had the worst time letting go of his too. It just breaks your heart when they cry for it.

Oh, and I don't think I could WALK 5.2 miles! You guys are the bomb!!

Emily

Anonymous said...

YOU MEAN OLE MAMA!!! TAKING MY BABY'S PACI AWAY FROM HIM! I DON'T THINK YOU SHOULD EVEN THINK ABOUT IT UNTIL HE IS AT LEAST 6!! (AND YES, I AM SCREAMING!!) Oh well, what's done is done, huh? I love you anyway. Momma

Rebekah D. said...

Yay for you and Colton! And for Cana, too - it sounds like your "little mama" is a big help with soothing her baby brother. That's cute about her singing.

jbullington said...

How well I remember those days.. Giving up paci is a hard job on baby and mother too...Hang in there.

momx2 said...

I feel your pain. Avery was such a paci baby. It was a rough two weeks but after that she only mentions it occasionally. Good luck & hang in there!