We got to go on a weekend getaway to Shoals Creek in Florence. Kristi's parents have a house over there and they were kind enough to let Kristi and Jonathan, the Melvin's, and us use it for the weekend. We had such a good time and a lot of laughs! Especially at the times when I was dumped into the water. Before I got on or in a new thing Ella would always tell me "Don't worry, you won't fall in...it will be fine." And each time I DID fall in! But it was fun and I didn't mind getting wet. Here we are eating Friday night. Don't ask about the weird seating arrangements! :)

Makayla and Ella

Chad and me on the jet ski...before....

and after...about 10 minutes later...

Makayla and me on the raft about to be pulled by Abbie...

Abbie pulling us...slowly... we were beginning to sink...

This is after we sunk and I fell out. My life jacket was way too big and Abbie and Makayla were floating away from me. I couldn't swim because of my life jacket covering my head...so I "swam" over and Makayla paddled over to me. Then there was the issue of how to get me back in the raft. We were far from the boat and I was determined to get in that thing. I think standard procedure is to pull the life jacket at the shoulders, however, mine was really loose and it ended up over my head. I eventually got in though. It was so funny. We were both laughing so hard we could barely make any progress on getting me into the raft.

And silly me, agreed to do it again...by myself this time. Jonathan said he took it easy on me, but he was going fast enough for me to feel like I was about to flip out of that thing. I had my feet inside the raft and as we were pulling away from the boat, someone yelled for me to stick my feet out. So I did. They said my feet were flopping around all over the place. I was so intent on just trying to stay in the thing, I didn't know my feet were flopping around.

Chad before he departed on his adventure with Jonathan...

Russell heading out...

Jonathan wins the award for the most relaxed rider...

Chad pulling Jonathan...

Abbie on the jet ski...

Chad and me on the boat...

The Grillmasters...

Me, Abbie, and Makayla...

Chad and me on the kayak...life jacket still loose :) ...Thanks for the kayak Atina and Brian!

Ella wanted me to get this picture of Russell soaking up some rays...

Ella and me...

Abbie and Chad on the kayak...

The Melvins in the new bug...
2 comments:
That looks like so much fun. Great pics. Love u!
Chad and you do so many things together...I am so jealous!! I would be falling off too...I am not very graceful! Looks like you had a blast!
Post a Comment