Monday, August 16, 2010

Weekend Update

This weekend some of the men from church got together to build a ramp for Grandaddy Claud and Grandma Ozell.  Thanks to Paul, David, Josh, and Nathan for all of their help!

The finished product!
Saturday night we had just finished having a "tea and crumpets" party with Cana when we looked out of the window and saw a bunch of cars with their flashers on.  Chad ran out to the intersection of our road and there was a really bad wreck.  One car had flipped and people were thrown from the vehicle.  Medflight was called and we offered our yard.  So Medflight landed in our driveway.  Sadly, the 19-year-old girl did not make it.  What was so sad to me was I could hear one of the boys screaming out her name right after the wreck trying to find her in the pasture.  One of the girls, I believe, was a girl that was in the 4th grade class that I student-taught.  When the helicopter was overhead I was outside near the car looking for a flashlight for one of the workers.  He was shining the spotlight down to see where to land when this spot light shown down on me.  I felt a little like a fugitive running from the police!  The kids were really excited about the helicopter landing in the driveway. Even though they were excited, I tried to explain the seriousness of what was going on and we prayed for all of those involved.  God bless those involved and comfort them in their loss!


















On another note, Cana has started crying at school.  Her teacher sent me an e-mail on Wednesday that was from Cana saying how much she missed me, that she was sad, and she loves me.  It just about broke my heart!  I know it is just going to take some time for her to get used to the routine.  I promised her that if she has a whole day of not crying that I will come eat lunch with her.  Maybe this week will be better!

2 comments:

Gretta said...

What a sad experience but how cool to have MedFlight in your yard. Praying for those wreck victims and praying for Cana too! Kindergarten is such an adjustment for little ones.

Amber said...

Sorry Cana is having a rough time...hope week two goes much better!