On Tuesday, Cana had her Indian Feast at school. The kids all dressed up as Indians and picked a name. Cana chose "Rainbow." They sang a turkey song (see below) and then had the feast. The food was GREAT!
The whole class...
Mimi and Grandaa at the feast...
On Wednesday, the girls got together at Mom's to cook. We had a lot of fun and got to listen to the first Christmas music of the season...my personal favorite-"Kenny and Dolly's Once Upon a Christmas!" My parents had the tape of this album and every Christmas the family would always listen to it in our HUGE Buick LeSabre! We have so many memories of these songs and now I am passing it on to my kids...Chad loves me to sing Hard Candy Christmas at the top of my lungs! Now, Cana joins in!
On Thanksgiving we went to my aunt Connie's house on the Lovett side. We got to see my cousin Joe's 2 day old baby girl, Avery. So cute! We also got a picture of all of the great grandkids on the Lovett side. (Picture is out of order, see below).
Then we went to my Papaw Fischer's house in Mount Hope. Mama and I always get there early to cook and I got to sit down and talk with my Papaw about when he was younger. Funny coincidence...when he saw my grandmother for the first time, she was walking home from work. He pulled over and asked her out and told his friends in the car that she was the woman he was going to marry. Only after seeing her for the first time. I told my Mom the same thing after Chad introducing himself in psychology class. Isn't that neat....or very psychotic one? :-) My Papaw also kept the ribbon that Mamaw had in her hair. He told me yesterday that he kept the movie ticket stub for over 30 years in his wallet! So sweet! My mamaw used to model and she was on billboards and catalogs. I wish I could find some of those pictures, they would be so neat to look at!
We haven't taken any recent pictures with Papaw, so we got one on Thursday...
Out of order picture from Lovett thanksgiving...
Video of Cana jumping in the leaves...
Video of Colton jumping in the leaves...
Turkey Song at school...






1 comment:
Love the pictures & videos! Glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving, too. I love those handed down family memories and of course, the yearly holiday traditions. Those are what make the holidays so special.
Post a Comment