Saturday, November 6, 2010

Thursday, November 4th

Ok, I know this may seem a little weird to some...but Thursday after we buried Granddaddy Claud we took some pictures around the grave.  We were all together as a family and wanted a picture...so we did.  I think the flowers made it such a beautiful picture.  Beth Ann, Cole and Ben weren't able to make it with Ben being so little and Beth Ann's mom being sick so they are not pictured.


This is the flower arrangement from the grandkids and great-grandkids...

Now, here is the humorous pics from that day.  Cana did NOT want to take her coat off so I could get a picture of them dressed up.  We argued and argued over it.  Then we had a little "talk" and we took the pictures, but she was not a happy camper at all!  Colton, on the other hand, was posing and smiling perfectly.  He kept saying, "I'm being good aren't I Mommy?  I'm not crying or disobeying!"  So you can see those two expressions in the following pictures...
























I think they were both completely worn out from everything going on and were just tired!
 If this has not been a rough enough week....we woke up this morning (the 6th) and Chad discovered that Sadie had been run over.  Since the same thing happened to our other dog, Sasha, we kept Sadie in the pen all the time unless we were out with her.  However, late last night when Chad went to put her in the pen, she didn't want to go.  So he decided that he would just leave her out for the first time at night.  Again, the kids did great and I was the big baby!  They helped bury her and put flowers on her grave and I just cried.  So no more dogs for us until we can get a fence!  My emotional self cannot handle any more dogs getting run over.  She was a really good dog and she played great with the kids.  Chad would come in after playing with her and say "I love that dog!"  So I know it must have been hard for him!  And tonight a couple stopped by and said they had seen Chad in the road with the dog and felt so bad because they had (a couple of weeks ago) seen the kids playing with Sadie in the yard and thought it was so cute.  Well, they offered us one of the Boston Terriers that they breed for free.  Wasn't that sweet?  We thanked them, but told them we didn't need one right now.  Such kindness from strangers...it was very refreshing to see!

No comments: