Wow! I was a proud Mama tonight! Cana was chosen by the Seniors in the Homecoming Court to be the flower girl in Homecoming. I was really nervous that she wouldn't go through with it. While I was getting her ready, she asked me over and over what she was supposed to do. She was nervous about getting it right. I just told her to stand there and look pretty and the big kids would take care of her...and they did. When we pulled into the parking lot though, she looked at me and said I am beginning to get a little nervous. But she did it and she looked beautiful! I was surprised that I got emotional when she walked out. Could be because she walked out to the same song I walked out to when we got married...and that song always gets me!
Beautiful girl...
You see this smile? You will see it a lot in the upcoming pictures! Apparently this is her nervous smile. We told her that if she smiled we would take her to Pizza Hut afterwards...so smile she did! Even if it was totally fake!
Cana with the Senior girls...
The dress she wore had a matching doll dress that came with it so Cana held her doll before and after the ceremony...
Proud Mama...
Proud Mimi...
Cana with Aubry the crown-bearer...

A picture showing Cana's love/hate relationship with Joseph :-)

Apparently a school gym is not the best place to take pictures...I fiddled with a bunch of settings on my camera, but none of my pictures turned out great!
Crowning the Queen...
The Homecoming Court...
Afterwards, our family, Mimi and Grandaa, Nana and Poppie, and Julie's family all went to Pizza Hut to celebrate...should have got a picture there...but didn't think about it. Such an exciting night!
No comments:
Post a Comment