Monday, December 6, 2010

Weekend Festivities

Wow!  We had a busy weekend!  Thursday night was the Christmas parade....

Also, after Thanksgiving, Buddy our Elf came back and has been hiding all over the house...

Saturday morning  my family got together to go pick out a Christmas tree for Nana and Poppie.  This used to be a Lori and Daddy only event, but after I got married it became a family event.  I have so many memories of going Christmas tree hunting with my Dad.
Syd and Cana...

Julie and Blake...with Hudson peeking through...

This is the riding arrangement for getting to the Christmas tree farm.  Syd and I get to ride with Daddy and they are blessed by my singing of Christmas carols.  :-)

We found it...this year's tree.

Group picture

I had to take this picture because this is where we all sit while at my Mom's.  I remember coming in from school and hopping on the counter to the left and watching the t.v. behind Cana.  I don't know what it is about their kitchen counter, but when we are in the kitchen we are all hopped up on the counter.

Saturday afternoon, Chad and I took off to Huntsville to go to the wedding reception of my best friend when I was little...Julie.  Everything was beautiful and it was really good to get to see her again!

Then we came back to Hartselle to watch the SEC Championship...and boy, was that a GREAT game!  So exciting and so proud of the Auburn Tigers...and Cam of course!  After the game we celebrated Richard's 40th birthday and then we watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and decorated the tree.

On Sunday, we had Cana's 6th birthday party with our family.  She wanted a Hannah Montana party and I attempted to make a Hannah Montana guitar cake...


Presents...


















Busy weekend, but we had a blast!

No comments: