Monday, June 6, 2011

Encouragement

http://www.incourage.me/     "God-Sized Dreams: The Disclaimers"


I just started looking at this blog.  I have heard of it before, but never checked it out.  Now... I am really enjoying it.  I particularly liked the post for today, June 6th, since I am starting a new chapter in my life...both kids being in school.  It hasn't been made clear to me what direction God will take me for my next adventure.  I have really enjoyed being at home with my babies....will He choose for me to stay at home and be more accessible for Colton's Kindergarten year like I was for Cana's?  Will I get a teaching job?  Will I get a part-time job?  Substitute?  I just don't know.  And for a person who likes to feel like she is in control this can be scary.  I have prayed, prayed, prayed.  There doesn't seem to be any answers.  Then after talking with Becky (she was telling me about something she had read) I realized that all I can do is what God wants me to do right now, today.  I don't need to worry with what the Big Plan is for my future....because I am sure that, too, will change from what I think it will be.  As my brother has talked with me about... I have begun praying that I accept what the plan is.  I am not praying for an end result to be one way or another.  I just pray that I am able to accept the plan He gives me.  I love my God, and I know He will take care of me and put me where He wants me for His glory.  I have given this over to Him and I am learning, ever so slowly, to relinquish control..."Let go, Let Him."

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

Corri Beth said...

Thank you so much for this post! It is good to be reminded that God has a plan for each of us, and that if we are patient, He will point us in the right direction! (This is something I am struggling with right now, too!)