Sunday, June 22, 2008

Happy Birthday... to me!

The birthday festivities began on Thursday when we picked Cana and Colton up from Mimi and Grandaa's house. They had made two cards (with glitter) and a big cake for both of us. It even had candles on top. So, of course that night we had to sing "Happy Birthday" and blow out the candles. On Friday, Chad and I went to Carrabbas to celebrate our birthdays. YUM!!! We have officially declared this weekend the weekend to gain 10 pounds! The waitress even brought us a free dessert with two candles in it. Then we went to the Stadium parking lot and played a little bit of ball. This is something we used to do back in college at Calhoun's parking lot. In between classes, we would pitch to each other. The whole time we were playing I kept thinking...I feel exactly like I did when I was in college. I guess as we get older...our spirit stays young. Of course, we also had to have a dance or two to the truck radio. Some may be screaming "Redneck!" right now...but we enjoyed it...and I guess that's all that matters anyway. Then on Saturday night Mimi and Grandaa took us to Rosie's to eat. YUM!! (again!) Then we went shopping around. For my birthday today...I enjoyed a nice, long, summer nap....all by myself!!!
The cake and the cards the kids made...oh and that piece that is missing is what I ate on the car ride home!
Today, opening cards
One of my presents...a Kathy purse
We picked up Burger King for supper and they sang while I blew out the candle.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Birthday Lori!! Hope you had a great day!

momx2 said...

Happy Birthday!!! I wish I would have known I would have told you in person. Happy Birthday to Chad, too. You guys (and your precious babies) are just adorable.

Radiant Rubies Thirty One Team! said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I couldn't catch you to tell you in person.