Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I just wanted to wish everyone a very Happy New Year! 2008 has been a great year! We did have one major sadness within our family. With the year 2008 came the passing of Granddaddy Razz. He was such a strong influence on his family and others that he will truly be missed in 2009 and the years to come.

In 2009, we will experience some bittersweet memories for sure. Colton will turn 3, Chad and I will turn 30, and Cana will be 5. This is hard for me because it is hard for me to let go of my babies. Someone told me when I had Cana that from the beginning that raising children is a process of letting go. First, it is sleeping in their own beds, then eating solids, going to classes, and such. With each new event our children learn more independence, but at the same time, sometimes it is hard to let them go. Chad and I were also told to enjoy our children at whatever age they are. I have to say we have done this pretty well. Sometimes we will sit side by side on the couch...each with a child in our arms...all because one didn't want to go to sleep in his/her bed. Instead of being upset that they are still awake, we truly enjoy just holding them and letting them sleep in our arms. One day they will not want us to hold them and cuddle them so we just appreciate the time we have to hold them.

I don't really have any New Year's resolutions except that I want to continue to seek a deeper, personal relationship with God. As I wrote about earlier in my blog, I feel that God has created a new heart within me and I pray that I will do my part in 2009 to continue to seek His will for my life and that I will serve Him in the best way possible. God has been so good to our family. We have a home filled with love for God and love for each other. I feel that this is the definition of happiness. I hope that 2009 is filled with blessings for all of you!

...When you heard about Christ and were taught in Him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus...You were taught with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted with deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. Ephesians 4: 21-24

Therefore , if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old is gone, the new is here! 2 Cor. 5:17 Praise God!

***Side Note: For any who are interested: Chad will be facilitating another Dave Ramsey Financial Peace Class. This class will be at the Rec. Center. There will be a Preview Class for any interested on Tuesday, January 20th at 6:00 p.m. Classes will begin Monday, February 2 from 6:00-8:00 p.m. The cost is $100 for supplies. And, of course, his trusty partner (me) will be there to add input when needed (a.k.a. blabbering endlessly) :)

No comments: