Monday, December 21, 2009

Weekend Update

This weekend was very busy! We wanted to take the kids to see the lights at the Opryland Hotel. They had never been and we knew they would enjoy it. However, I do not plan to ever go this close to Christmas again! We waited in a traffic line for about an hour and a half just to get off the exit. The kids were great and we just sang Kenny and Dolly's Christmas CD at the top of our lungs! After we got off the exit we decided to go ahead and eat, so we took the kids to Cock of the Walk. I think they enjoyed the different atmosphere!
Of course we had to take the "Sitting in the Big Rocking Chair" picture! For some reason my kids were afraid of it and didn't want to get in it. They rode most of the rides at Disney World but were scared of a big rocking chair??? They were not happy with me for putting them in it...hence their ugly faces.
We shopped a little bit and went over to the hotel to see the lights.


Sunday, after church we went over to Mamaw and Papaw Lovett's house for Christmas. We all smoosh together in the den for the gift giving. So, this is one side of the room...

And this is the other...

Mamaw and Papaw opening gifts...
Brent modeling what the grandkids went in together to buy them...a digital picture frame...since they were running out of space on the wall...if you look closely you can see my lovely senior portrait on the wall :-)
Opening gifts beside the Christmas tree. Mamaw has always put up a tree (could be the same original tree) for as long as I can remember. It just wouldn't be the same if she ever had a big tree!
If you didn't notice in the previous pictures...here is my Uncle Jake. He sleeps through Christmas every year.
Cana cheezin'...
Colton, Zayne, Cana, Blake, Hudson, and Preston...
Sunday night we went over to Andrew and Amy's house for a get-together. It was so good to see everyone again and listen to stories from the old days...Here they are playing guitars...My camera battery was dying so I only got a couple of pictures...
We took a big group shot with the kids and then another one with just the couples...but like I said...battery dying...so I will have to post those when I can get them from someone else.
Being silly...

No comments: